IT infrastructure environments are more complex and heterogeneous than ever before, and with the rise of remote and hybrid work, they are also distributed over much larger geographic areas. Companies of all sizes and types are expanding from purely on-premises arrangements to take better advantage of public clouds.
These changes have made the process of efficiently managing technology resources more challenging. The key problem stems from a lack of visibility into the entire IT ecosystem — because administrators can’t manage, optimize, and secure resources that are invisible to them.
Siloed operations and data create headaches for more than just IT teams, they also prevent effective collaboration from within an organization. Teams that have to use multiple, non-interoperable tools can’t respond to pressing issues with the speed necessary to promote positive business results, and the data that powers predictive monitoring and automation is left unexploited.
A Smarter Way to Manage Modern IT Ecosystems
Razor Technology chose OpsRamp to address these issues because it is a holistic tool for connecting every facet of an organization’s technology assets into one system that enables proactive and secure IT operations, without sacrificing the agility that drives innovation.
OpsRamp automates monitoring and management to bolster IT teams that are feeling stretched thin; reduces the need for multiple, independent tools; makes missing critical security patches and updates virtually impossible; and improves auditing and reporting procedures so that actionable insights find their way to the teams and leaders that need them most.
It represents a major shift in IT oversight and management away from putting out fires reactively to predicting issues and preventing them before they occur. The end result is a meaningful drop in the Mean Time To Detect (MTTD) performance problems, as well as in the Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) them — by as much as a 50% reduction for both. Thanks to intelligent automation, it also decreases the time IT teams spend on routine and rote tasks that don’t require a lot of skill but which use up precious resources.
Most importantly, OpsRamp provides real time visibility into changes taking place in an IT environment so that performance and security issues are spotted rapidly and leadership teams have a clear understanding of the business service dependencies their operation needs to manage and the business impact of improving those key areas. That information is critical for running a business that is capable of rapidly adapting to changing market forces.
The Advantages of AI-Powered, Automated IT Operations
OpsRamp’s Software as a Service (SaaS) platform enhances digital operations management with integrated capabilities for data center management, cloud discovery, and application-centric hybrid infrastructure monitoring.
It also includes intelligent incident management that is powered by AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) with alert escalation management and policy-based automation. OpsRamp also seamlessly integrates with most third-party technology platforms and even competing IT management tools, facilitating sweeping visibility and control across distributed, hybrid, multi-cloud, and cloud native environments.
Operational Insights That Power Business Results
With global asset visibility, IT teams always have a geographical view of all the hybrid IT assets they are managing, and tags for individual business units or applications provide a deeper level of clarity into which assets are being utilized and for what purpose.
Hybrid infrastructure monitoring highlights the availability and performance of datacenters and virtual machines as well as cloud-based infrastructure, and multi-cloud cost analysis provides a granular look at where an organization’s cloud spend is going, with a breakdown by cloud account or custom attributes.
- Resource Scheduling and Grouping: Add newly discovered resources to a managed resources list with custom attributes (e.g. resource type, business service, location, customer, datacenter, cloud provider).
- Asset Inventory: Organize discovered resources with dynamic dashboards and reports.
- Application Discovery: Inventory all applications across Windows and/or Linux servers.
- Rapid Onboarding: Discovery profiles instantly onboard newly discovered resources.
- Monitoring Templates: Templates are assigned automatically to discovered resources.
- Service and Topology Maps: Precise mapping locates business-critical services and identifies the factors that lead to service degradation, including the health of IT assets.
More Reliable and Resilient IT Services
OpsRamp helps IT teams diagnose problems more quickly and more efficiently route incidents to the departments and individuals best able to address them. OpsRamp’s AIOp system parses events discovered by both native and external instrumentation through a hybrid environment and then its event management engine, OpsQ, flags the critical alerts (and filters out the background noise with intelligent auto-alert suppression). Dynamic topology and service maps ensure the business impacts of IT incidents are clear and readily addressable.
Network Operations Center (NOC) teams are notified via multiple channels (email, voicemail, text, and chat) accelerating MTTD. Policy-based alerts are delivered to the on-call subject matter experts that are equipped to respond to them. OpsRamp also accelerates MTTR thanks to robust integration with most IT Service Management (ITSM) tools (e.g. ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Cherwell, Ivanti) to speed restoration of services after an incident and stay in line with service level agreements.
- Hybrid Infrastructure Monitoring: Hundreds of monitoring templates are included with OpsRamp. Organizations can customize them to suit their particular IT ecosystem and manage workflows with flexible polling frequencies (as low as one minute). They can also script their own monitors in Shell, VB, Powershell, Python, PHP, Command, and Batch files.
- Intelligent Event Management Powered by AIOps: OpsRamp’s OpsQ event management engine automatically handles signals from both legacy and next-generation, cloud workloads and groups alerts into incident tickets — eliminating up to 95% of the time IT teams normally spend on event management.
- Inference Models: Three models of event correlation (Topology, Clustering, and Co-Occurrence-based) underpin OpsQ’s predictive insights engine. They identify one-off problems as well as issues that share properties (e.g. subject, alert metric, alert source, host name, IP address, resource type) and recurring issues and use machine learning to discover patterns and reduce alert fatigue.
Stronger Security and Easier Compliance
Remote consoles built into OpsRamps give support teams the power to securely access and control all remote infrastructure resources — and everything that happens to them is recorded to protect an audit trail and stay compliant with increasingly stringent regulations and rules governing the management of digital systems and networks.
Additionally, one of the biggest (and most avoidable) risk factors in IT today is the simple failure to update and patch systems to protect them against the latest threats. OpsRamp’s automated patch compliance scans, approves, configures, and deploys software patches to keep every system up to date and fully secured.
A Complete Solution to IT Operations Management
OpsRamp offers a single, comprehensive platform for centralizing IT operations regardless of the complexity or heterogeneity of the existing systems in place. It helps businesses reduce the number of tools they need to effectively visualize their assets; predict, discover, and respond to service issues; extract the actionable insights that enable more efficient resource utilization; and scalably optimize their entire hybrid digital environment seamlessly.
Razor Technology is your trusted IT managed service provider. Save time and money on your IT and cloud services and secure your organization with leading end-to-end infrastructure solutions by calling Razor Tech today.
Razor Technology has been recognized as one of Top 10 Top Managed Service Providers by DesignRush” .