The Microsoft New Commerce Experience (NCE) is reshaping how businesses interact with cloud solutions and licensing models thanks to a streamlined, flexible approach to commercial licensing and service management.
This is not just another upgrade. It’s a significant shift in Microsoft’s business model, designed to unlock growth opportunities, drive customer success, and reduce complexity and costs. This new model caters to the diverse needs of businesses, ensuring better purchasing outcomes, tailored sales approaches, and enhanced value extraction from technology investments.
The NCE is a strategic shift from traditional, often rigid, licensing models to a more flexible, customer-centric framework. It ensures that businesses have access to the latest technologies without the burden of complex licensing structures. With NCE, Microsoft aims to simplify transactions, boost business resilience, and foster deeper connections with customers through value-added services.
The Benefits of Migrating to NCE
The reduced complexity of licensing, flexible term options, enhanced features and capabilities, and financial incentives for early adoption combine to make NCE an attractive proposition for companies looking to streamline their cloud service management and leverage the latest Microsoft technologies effectively.
- Faster Transactions: The efficiency of the NCE reduces the time and effort required to maintain and update cloud solutions, allowing businesses to focus on their core operations.
- Tailored Sales and Purchasing Motions: Understanding that each business has unique needs, NCE provides a bespoke approach. That means businesses can choose the solutions and terms that best fit their requirements, ensuring a more personalized and effective use of Microsoft’s products.
- Reduced Licensing Complexity: NCE simplifies the way businesses acquire and manage their Microsoft cloud services so they can minimize the administrative overhead associated with managing multiple licenses.
- Multiple term options for subscriptions: Businesses can choose from monthly, annual, or even three-year plans, offering greater flexibility to align their software subscriptions with their operational needs and financial planning.
- Enhanced Management of Services: NCE provides more control over subscription renewals, the ability to upgrade partial seats when moving to new SKUs, and the flexibility to schedule changes to subscriptions to take effect at the end of terms.
- Improved Pricing and Add-On Options: NCE introduces new pricing options and add-on services that are not dependent on base-offer transactions.
- Simplified and Enhanced Billing: Billing and invoicing are consolidated using the partner’s currency, with consistent billing dates based on months rather than varying mid-month dates.
Integrating Microsoft 365 with NCE
Microsoft 365’s comprehensive range of applications — including Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams; cloud services; and security solutions — are now more accessible and easier to manage under the NCE model.
Businesses can add or remove services and adjust user counts in a more streamlined manner. This ease of management allows IT departments to focus on strategic initiatives rather than administrative tasks. And, with NCE, businesses gain enhanced flexibility in their use of Microsoft 365. They can quickly scale up or down based on their current needs, ensuring they only pay for what they use.
Steps for a Successful NCE Migration
A successful move to Microsoft’s New Commerce Experience requires careful planning, execution, and ongoing optimization. By understanding and preparing for common challenges and utilizing available resources, businesses can ensure a smooth transition to NCE, unlocking its full potential for enhancing operational efficiency, collaboration, and growth.
- Evaluate Current Infrastructure: Assess your current Microsoft services and licenses. Understand how they are being used and where improvements can be made.
- Identify NCE Requirements: Considering the size of your business, determine the required Microsoft products, and the preferred subscription models.
- Develop a Migration Plan: Create a detailed plan that includes timelines, key milestones, resource allocation, and contingency options.
- Engage with a Microsoft Partner: Collaborate with a Microsoft-certified partner who can provide expertise and support throughout the migration process.
- Training and Change Management: Train your IT team and end-users on NCE features and best practices.
- Data Migration and Integration: Migrate your data to the new system and ensure that all integrations are functional.
- Testing and Validation: Conduct thorough testing to ensure that all systems and services are operating correctly in the new environment.
- Monitor and Optimize: After migration, continuously monitor the performance and usage of NCE services.
Optimizing Sales and Relationship Management with Dynamics 365
Under NCE, Dynamics 365 seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft services, offering a unified platform for managing sales, customer data, and interactions. This integration facilitates better data sharing and analysis, providing a more comprehensive view of the customer journey.
That deep integration includes tools for lead tracking, sales forecasting, and performance analytics, enabling sales teams to make data-driven decisions. This streamlined approach helps in identifying opportunities, optimizing sales strategies, and ultimately driving revenue growth.
The CRM system automates routine sales tasks such as data entry, lead routing, and follow-up scheduling. This automation frees up sales representatives to focus on more strategic activities, such as building relationships and closing deals.
Leveraging the Microsoft Power Platform
Power Apps, a key component of the Power Platform, enables businesses to develop custom applications quickly and efficiently, without the need for extensive coding knowledge. This democratization of app development accelerates the process of turning innovative ideas into functional tools, aligning perfectly with the agility offered by NCE.
These custom apps can seamlessly integrate with other Microsoft services and data sources, ensuring a cohesive and interconnected business environment. This integration enhances data consistency and accessibility across different business functions.
Power Automate, a key component of the Microsoft Power Platform, plays a significant role in enhancing process automation. It allows businesses to automate routine tasks and workflows, thereby streamlining operations and reducing the potential for human error.
Integrating Power BI for Analyzing NCE Data
With Power BI, companies can create customized reports tailored to their specific needs. This flexibility ensures that businesses can focus on the metrics that matter most to them, aiding in strategic decision-making processes. Power BI’s interactive dashboards provide a dynamic and engaging way to present data, making it easier to understand complex information and identify key trends.
Power BI’s integration with NCE allows for a comprehensive analysis of data across various Microsoft services. Businesses can extract and visualize data from Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and other services, creating a unified view of their operations.
Beyond historical data analysis, Power BI offers predictive analytics capabilities. Businesses can use these tools to forecast future trends and outcomes, allowing them to proactively plan and make data-driven decisions.
Empowering Teams with Collaborative Tools
The integration of Microsoft Teams within the NCE framework significantly streamlines communication and teamwork, especially in today’s increasingly remote and hybrid work environments. Teams acts as a centralized hub for all team communications. Whether it’s project discussions, departmental meetings, or company-wide announcements, it provides a unified platform for all forms of communication, ensuring that everyone stays on the same page.
When integrated with NCE, Teams offers seamless file sharing capabilities. Team members can easily share documents, presentations, and other files within the Teams interface. Moreover, the real-time collaboration feature in Teams allows multiple team members to work on a document simultaneously. This capability not only saves time but also enhances the quality of work through immediate feedback and collective brainstorming.
Plus, Teams’ integration with Office 365 applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint enhances its productivity capabilities. This integration allows for a smooth workflow, as team members can access and edit Office documents directly within Teams.
Razor Technology is your trusted IT managed service provider. Save time and money on your IT and cloud services by calling Razor Tech today.