08 May IT Help Desk Basics: How to Outsource Your IT Support
Are you looking for a way to ease big burdens on your busy IT team? Are you hoping to address customer service efforts that are lacking in quality or turnaround times? Outsourcing a key portion of your IT operations by partnering with a help desk service provider may be one of the best moves you make for your employees and customers in 2019. But what do you need to know to get started?
We’ll review some of the basics to help you understand what services you’re looking for and how you can make an educated buy to better your business.
IT Help Desk vs. IT Service Desk
Not all outsourced IT support services are made equal. In fact, there are several different terms in the support space that mean very different things but are often confused by those unfamiliar with the IT industry. Unlike the case of the chicken and the egg, we do know that IT help desk was the first term to enter the support scene, and it covered mainly aid for IT issues that an internal team would normally manage if their size allows. Considering this traditional definition, some IT help desk services may not include support for end users. On the other hand, the term IT service desk often means the management of both IT issues and the resolution of common customer problems. But as with many odd industry terms, the definitions of these service types are up for debate, which means you’ll have to do your due diligence when searching for a service provider to make sure they offer exactly what you need to get the job done.
Exploring IT Help Desk Services
Begin your search for help desk services by recognizing that purchasing and utilizing several disparate IT tools is not a best practice; adopting multiple solutions from more than one vendor often leads to system confusion, increased inefficiencies, and added security vulnerabilities that should be avoided. When you work with a single vendor to secure help desk aid, you’re finding a cost-effective fix that can leave room for growth through a long-term partnership and can eliminate several security vulnerabilities.
For many teams, help desk tools can also vastly improve overall operations and prevent slow response times, difficulties with limited staff, and roadblocks from new employee training. Help desk services offer access to automated workflows, shared knowledge libraries, and remote monitoring to help professionals beat IT obstacles and industry change.
Here are three popular help desk service formats that you can use in bettering your business:
- Help Desk as a Service: Get help from a responsive customer service partner and their powerful help desk tools.
- Help Desk as a Project: Partner with a service provider month to month to implement new best practices and pick and choose the services you need.
- Help Desk in an Emergency: Tap into the expertise of a provider in emergency help desk situations.
What to Look for in a Service Provider
IT help desk providers and other outsourced technical support companies should be your partner in transformational IT operations by helping you achieve multi-cloud visibility, better IT control, and increased efficiency in the way you run your help desk operation. By helping you make the most of powerful service tools and remaining responsive to your unique needs around the clock, a service provider acts as an extension of your existing full or limited IT team to be your partner in business growth and success.
Look for a help desk service provider that:
- Provides future-built solutions that scale with business growth
- Offers 24/7 access to a responsive, always-on support team
- Get 24/7/365 on-shore support that actively supports resolutions within minutes
- Promotes the organization of customer service tasks through workflows
- Creates a centralized command system for all IT help desk functions
- Grow a shared knowledge base to use in addressing future queries, training new employees, and meeting customer needs
- Streamlines support ticket management and offers remote, real-time access
- Gather all incoming tickets and inquiries automatically collect in a single space for review
- Helps teams focus on business improvement by freeing up crucial time
- Enable real-time incident management for deployment via mobile phones, tablets, and Windows and Mac desktops
Top help desk outsourcing companies like Razor Technology are well-versed in the complexities of help desk management and come equipped with the skills, in-depth knowledge and next-generation services you need to run a winning IT operation. Razor Technology is an award-winning managed help desk service provider that offers a suite of solutions suitable for both large IT teams and those with limited resources. These solutions are guaranteed to help boost IT operations, sales, and customer service success.